Dan has been training with Derran for around 4 years now. He’s mid 40s, has a busy job in a demanding industry and a family. He wanted to get strong, add some muscle and have a focus to his training. He’s now hitting a 120kg bench, 185kg squat and 215kg deadlifts, amongst other stuff.
Dan’s first BUPA assessment, a couple of years after working with us, was great news:
“Just thought I would let you know how happy I am after my BUPA assessment today.
- I have stayed virtually the same weight (gone up from 97.1kg to 97.3kg)
- 4cm off my waist measurement
- My bodyfat has gone down from 26.3% to 24.2%
- My cholesterol has gone down from 7.3 to 5.7 (which they said was a massive leap and takes me down a risk category)
- I am now in a ‘better than average’ risk from heart disease for my age, instead of ‘average’ last year
- My ability to handle workload (VO2 Max and efficiency of my heart in delivering oxygen to my body) were outstanding for my age apparently?! They had to crank the wattage on the bike up to get my heartbeat registering!
- My resting heartbeat of 56 is good for my age as well (and I had just travelled over to their offices, so I wouldn’t exactly call it ‘resting’ either).
I’ve done the calculations and I have exchanged 1.99kg of fat for 2.19kg of lean body mass. Not sure how happy you are with that…….but I am thinking good progress all around!
Thank you – I wouldn’t be making these really important health changes without you. It means a lot to me and my wife”
4 years on and DJ has continued his training, both as a PT clients and as a regular member of the RWF Gym. After initial reticence/nervousness, he even decided to join the BDFPA and compete in 2 competitions, hitting a couple of personal bests along the way.